Magic Johnson | Teen Ink

Magic Johnson

By Keenan Neelon BRONZE, Omaha, Nebraska
Keenan Neelon BRONZE, Omaha, Nebraska

From the moment he stepped onto the court, people pondered: How could a man so big do so many things with the ball and with his body? It was Magic Johnson!
Magic was the tallest point guard in the NBA he was 6'9 He was born in August 14 1959 in Lansing Mich. He went to college at Michigan State he got draft to the L.A Lakers in 1979. He was in the NBA for thirteen years and for all those years he played with Lakers.
He was a member of five championship teams. He won the Most Valuable Player Award and the Finals MVP Award three times each. Also he was a 12-time All-Star and 9-time member of the All-Star First team!
And he won a gold medal with original Dream Team at the 1992 Olympic in Barcelona. He was the man at his crazy passes and dumbfounded his opponents with no-look passes and around that back passes off the fast breaks. Pinpoint alley-oops from half court spinning feeds and overhand bullets under the basket through triple teams.
When defenders expected him to pass, he shot. When they expected him to shoot, he passed. When he was a kid he would practice by dribbling the to the store with his right and back with his left and he would sleep with his ball that how much he love basketball.
He got his nickname in high school when a sports writer saw him put up 36 points 16 rebounds and 16 assists.
But at a freshman in college he average 28.8 points and 16.8 rebounds and their record was 25-5.
Magic played with the greatest that ever played like Larry Bird, Elvin Hayes Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and more! I told you bout the greatest basketball player alive and if you want to no more then you can check out this site http://www.nba.com/history/players/johnsonm_bio.html
Because that were I got my information.