The Day Of The Srikeout! | Teen Ink

The Day Of The Srikeout!

By Dalton Broyles BRONZE, Flower Mound, Texas
Dalton Broyles BRONZE, Flower Mound, Texas

I was never as disappointed in my entire life. That pitch was not were it needed to be, this was bad. I have never played the sport I loved so badly.

It started in the middle of a baseball game in the gargantuantly long summer. My team was just starting their season and chose me to close their first game. I was almost as thrilled as a kid at Six Flags.

I sat there vibrating in my chair waiting for Ted, the pitch on the mound at that moment to mess up so I have a chance to go in and pitch. You could hear the magical ping from a mile away that meant I was going in to pitch' what a hit that was to center field and it never hit the ground a home run!

My coach walked on to the field and I knew that this was my time to shine. As I took a long last sip of my lemon lime flavored Gatorade and grabbed a handful of BBQ flavored sun flower seeds and stuffed them in my back pocket for an on the mound snack' mmmm those are good. As I ran on to the mound I saw that Ted was crying his eyes out while he strolled off the field and to top that off his dad was screaming at him at the top of his lungs. When I got to the mound I received a baseball to pitch with and five warm-up pitches. When I was finished he told me the situation and wished me good luck and said I'm going to need it for their powerhouses.

The first batter walked up with a smile on his face and I thought man this guy is going to give me a run for my money. He had that mean smile like you have after lunch with your worst enemy bagging on you the whole time. The first pitch' whack!!!!!!!! Strike one and everyone fell silent. I felt great. The second pitch' 'PING' the second pitch flies off the bat to second base Keaton fielded it and threw a nice easy throw to first.

The second batter walked up and spit at me and I got so pissed I was red all over. He was being so retarded that he was to try a fake bunt and in three short pitches he was struck out so I didn't have to deal with him anymore.

The last batter walked up and he had some of the biggest muscles I have seen since my own father. He strolled up looking for the long bomb that would tie them with us. I could not let that happen so I reeled up and threw a fastball low and away while he watched it go by first strike. Second pitch fouled off strike two. The last pitch my fist was making a waterfall I was sooooooooo' nervous. My final pitch was a curveball low and away' he swings' AND MISSES THE GAME WAS OVER!!!
At that time I realized that baseball was the only thing other than family and friends that I would die for.

im a rockin kid who likes to have fun