Sports Friends | Teen Ink

Sports Friends

April 11, 2016
By HavenVinyard SILVER, Hemet, California
HavenVinyard SILVER, Hemet, California
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

You ever notice when you’re talking to people who don’t play sports or even watch them they have no clue at all what your talking about. The same goes for people who play sports just not your sport, yet it’s not as bad as those who don’t play sports. Like for example I’m a swim/water polo player and when my friends ask me if I did will I just use a bunch of terms we use in swim and polo. Now my friends who play sports (just not my sports) they understand about give or take 70% of what I’m talking about. Now the ones don’t that’s a completely different story. The ones who don’t they think whatever I say about how I swam or played is a good type of term on how I did. Although half of the time I’m telling them that like I didn’t swim my fastest time, got injured, didn’t score much, etcetera. Another thing different from sporty friends and normal friends is that you kinda feel more like yourself than with your friends who don’t do sports. I say this because you’re with the people that you race/play with all throughout school and an extra four hours or so afterwards, and if there’s morning practice that’s another two hours you’re with that group of people. So pretty much you’re with them about fourteen hours a day. That’s like over half of the day with them. So now those people (or most of them anyways) are like your best friends without either of you realizing it. Next thing you know one of them are all like “I think you’ve sat in something” and you try to get it off of yourself and turns out they’ve already gotten it off of you. So to like thank them you’re all like “Umm… Thanks?”  Overall sports friends are some of the best friends you could ever have. They’re always there for you even when you don’t want them to be there for you, always encourage you, always there to talk to, always know the pain that you’re going through from the day before, and always have the best snacks ever.