Being Cam Newton | Teen Ink

Being Cam Newton

April 12, 2016
By Anonymous

If I had the choice of being one individual for a period of time, preferably a month or so, I would certainly choose Cam Newton. Cam Newton is an NFL quarterback, which is my dream job. He excels both on the field with his extreme talent, and off the field through his everyday actions. He is a generous and kind individual who helps so many people off the field, but when he is on the field, he is one of the most polarizing figures in the sports world today. Fans everywhere either love him or hate him, making him an extremely known and a very publicized athlete. Everywhere he goes, people ask for his autograph, and he never goes unrecognized, especially because of his massive frame. At six feet five inches tall, he is certainly larger than the average person. He also has superior athleticism, making him nearly unstoppable on the field. All of these attributes contribute to his earnings, which is in the millions, combining both his football salary and his Under Armor/Gatorade salary. He is the face of an NFL franchise and a face of a brand, which makes me envy his success, one day hoping it will be mine. Overall, because of his talents on the field, his great traits off the field, and his income, I would definitely want to be Cam Newton for a month.


One reason I want to be Cam Newton is because he is a premier athlete, and is one of the best football players on the face of the earth. Just this year, he led his team, The Carolina Panthers, to the Super Bowl and was the leader to his team. Also, he is one of the most polarizing athletes in the league today, making him one of the most lovable/hatable players in the game. I am not saying that I want to be disliked by fans, but I think that it would be pretty fun to walk into an away game, and experience the opposing fans just yelling at you, waiting for mistakes. Everywhere he goes he is being watched and critiqued by others, but in my opinion, walking out of an opposing stadium with a win and a smile on my face is one of the best feelings in sports. Watching him play is so fun because he is so athletic and he makes so many great plays that can make people wonder if he is even human. He is a clear leader and one that many people look up to. His teammates gather around him in tough times and somehow, he always finds a way out of bad situations. Therefore, one main reason I want to be Cam Newton is because of his spectacular play on the field and the pure athleticism that he has.


The next reason I want to be Cam Newton is his life off of the field, aside from football. Cam is a great person, always visiting children’s hospitals and hosting charity events to help those in need. He raises thousands of dollars for those in need and has a genuine compassion for children. One example is how he hosted a kickball charity event, which immediately raised thousands of dollars. Also, he frequently visits sporting good stores just to talk to the children to put a positive impact on them and put a smile on their face. He also gives them money to shop in the store. He always finds a way to put a smile on someone’s face and you will never find him not being a great person.


The last reason I want to be Cam Newton is because of the income he takes in. He has enough money to essentially do anything that he pleases for the rest of his life. He recently signed a five-year, $103.8 million-dollar contract for playing with the Panthers (sportrac) but he also brings in over $10 million dollars from endorsements such as Under Armor and Gatorade, two of some of the best endorsements out there. He can buy or do pretty much anything he wants and has a life that I certainly want to live. Having such an enormous salary is the last reason I would want to be Cam Newton.


Overall, being Cam Newton for a month or so would be very cool, as he is a phenomenal athlete, a great person off the field, and someone who clearly makes a lot of money. On the field, he is nearly unstoppable and never takes a play off. He is constantly working hard and never lets his teammates down. Not only on the field is he superior, but off the field, as well. He helps those in need, visits hospitals, and donates a lot more money than imaginable.

Overall, being Cam Newton would be really neat and if I had to pick someone to be for a while, Cam Newton would certainly be my choice.