Favorites | Teen Ink

Favorites

February 29, 2016
By HannahRose00 SILVER, Hemet, California
HannahRose00 SILVER, Hemet, California
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Should coaches only play who they believe would win the game? Most people who claim to be athletes would answer this question with a yes. What about the people who have to suffer and sit on a bench the whole time? Would they say yes to this? It seems like most coaches don’t play fairly now a days. Now it’s all about how good you are or whatever excuse they make up. The truth is the people who aren’t played could practice every day and try their hardest, but that coach will still never play them. Coaches only play favorites and people who are related to them. Let’s take the coaches daughter, for example. Maybe she happens to suck and doesn’t try at all when it comes to practicing. But sure enough when it comes to tryouts she seems to make varsity all because she is related to the coach. These coaches never leave either because everybody thinks that they are great because the team always win. What happens when that team loses? Well to be honest the coach wouldn’t care all because their favorites were out there playing. Sometimes the coach might be nice enough and let the bench warmers play for a minute or so, but what happens when they make one mistake? They are immediately taken out of the game. Just remember it’s okay for the coach’s favorites to make those mistakes, but if the bench warmer does it, then all of a sudden it’s not okay. Sometimes the coach has the nerve to yell and scream at the bench warmers that they’re not in the right spot. The poor bench warmer wasn’t even allowed to practice the plays at practice so they try their best to figure out what to do. Sure enough, they are taken out of the game for good. Well, I guess one minute is better than nothing. Sometimes coaches take playing their favorites a bit too far. Ignoring players and not letting them play at games or even practice isn’t fair to the player who really enjoys the sport. So is it really the right for coaches to play who they believe will win? No. This is never fair because someone else has to suffer and eventually gets tired of it and just quits and never returns again to that sport.