Super Bowl 50 Recap | Teen Ink

Super Bowl 50 Recap

By ShivamShah BRONZE, Bossier City, Louisiana
ShivamShah BRONZE, Bossier City, Louisiana

Super Bowl 50 was a great game this year. There was everything a good game needed. There was a close game, two great teams, and for the first time in a while a defensive matchup. Both the Panthers and the Broncos competed until the end. There were also a lot of plays that will last forever as great Super Bowl plays. The 1st half, halftime show, 2nd half, and the end game press conferences made Super Bowl 50 a memorable game.
From the beginning of the game, I knew that it was going to be a good game. The Broncos marched down the field and got into the red zone, only to be stopped and then kicked a field goal. On the Panthers first possession, you could tell the stage was too big for Cam Newton. Then on their next possession, Cam Newton got strip-sacked by Von Miller and the Broncos scores a touchdown. This was arguably the best play in the game. Then the Panthers got the ball back and scored a touchdown off a 1yd Jonathan Stewart run making the game 10-7. The Broncos next scoring possession came off a 61-yd punt return but got stopped in the red zone once again and they kicked a field goal making it 13-7. At the end of the half the Broncos led the Panthers 13-7.

The halftime show this year was not as good as last years. The main reason to me is because of the main act Coldplay. To me they never should have been the main act because their songs are not really exciting. Even Chris Martin could not dance to the songs. The halftime show was saved by Beyonce and Bruno Mars with their killer dance moves. Beyonce even became a vine and a meme because she almost fell and saved it. Overall the halftime show was good but not great.

After the halftime show came the second half and some controversy. On the Panthers first possession they missed a field goal and gave the ball back to Denver.  The broncos got the ball and again scored a field goal making the game 16-7. In the fourth quarter, the panthers drove down the field and scored a field goal. with four minutes left the Panthers had the ball, but Cam Newton was strip sacked by Von Miller and gave the ball back to the Broncos. This is where the controversy began with Cam Newton not diving on the ball when he had a chance. The Bronco scored and got the two point conversion making the game out of reach at 24-10. Which would end up being the final. The Broncos won their third Super Bowl and the Panthers lost their second.

At the end of the game, the Bronco got the Super Bowl trophy. At the same time Peyton Manning did not tell us if he was retiring or not. The Broncos were happy and John Elway gave a great nod to the owner when he said, “This is for Pat.” The Panthers on the other hand were very disappointed. You could see by the way Cam Newton acted. He did not act like a professional and did not answer all the questions and left after only three minutes.
Personally, I think that Super Bowl was a great game for the NFL. It was a clash between a future hall of famer and an exciting player and defense vs. offense. Both the future hall of famer and the defense won out. I hope that Cam Newton has another chance to redeem himself. I hope we will have another game like this.