Soccer high school season | Teen Ink

Soccer high school season

By Mramirez7 BRONZE, Lafayette, Colorado
Mramirez7 BRONZE, Lafayette, Colorado

On September the 17th of 2015 was the day I scored my first Varsity goal. The 15-16 season of Centaurus soccer is when I first made the Varsity team, i was real happy for making the team. The past season, unfortunately, I didn't make Varsity, i felt like i should of been part of the team but i guess it wasn't meant to be. When i found out i didn't make the Team i was pretty upset, but that didn't make me want to quit the team because i made jv. It made me work harder, I decide to give it more than 100% on the games and on practice.

If you know me then you know that i hate sprints and any other things that requires a lot of effort, i'm the guy on the team that doesn't work the hardest on practice but gives it all on the game. Before the 15-16 season started I went to every summer sesion(pre-season), i worked hard to prepare for the season. I'm a Junior so i know the i only have 2 seasons left of high school. So i'm giving all the affort i have to be a great soccer player and try to get scholarships to go play college soccer.

When tryouts came i wasn't nevers like the previous years, I was ready for the season i knew that i was gonna make Varsity because i was in great form. Later on they told us what team we made, When i cheeked the board i saw my name on the Varsity side. I was really proud of myself for accomplishing  goal of making Varsity. Sadly i would have to miss the first 3 games for making bad choices, i had to miss 3 games as a punishment for the bad decisions i made.

Lucky I didn't have to miss half the season, when i say lucky i mean by that is that they should me the punishment rules and suspension, The things i didn't want that bad so i didn't really apply to the rules of punishment the school has. The school still took 3 games away from me to teach me a lesson. When the 1st game came up i didn't want to go to it i was like “why should i go support the team if they didn't support me when i got suspended”. I ended up going because my teammates need all the support they could get.

After a few weeks pass it was my time to shine, i was gonna play my first match for varsity. I was somewhat anxious, but mostly i was ready prepare to show the people what i was made off!  When I got back on the pitch my team wasn't doing the best but at the same time wasn't doing the worst, we were having some issues that got fix. Our record was 6-9 overall, in league it was 3-5. We didn't make playoffs but it sure was a great experience for me as it was my first year playing for varsity. Go Warriors!!!

Rynn750 SILVER said...
Rynn750 SILVER, Somewhere, Wisconsin

"A cynical young person is almost the saddest sight to see, because it means that he or she has gone from knowing nothing to believing nothing." - Maya Angelou

I play goalie for my school's team, but that's only because we're too small to have a varsity and a JV team. I'm incredibly bad at soccer (I've been playing for more than ten years) and I feel really embarrassed because I'm so bad at it. I'd be a good coach, I just don't have the ability to do it on the field. Good article!