to do over | Teen Ink

to do over

By dylan schmidt BRONZE, Flower Mound, Texas
dylan schmidt BRONZE, Flower Mound, Texas

'No, dang it!' I shouted as I punched the ground and stood up with frustration. It was the second quarter of the football game, and I think I've done more bad for my team then good. It wasn't that I was a bad player; I was just having a terrible game. On offence, I missed three blocks causing our quarterback to be sacked, and got a loss of yards when I ran the ball. Don't even get me started with defense. I think I missed around six tackles one causing the other team to get a touchdown. This just wasn't my day.

I was so angry and disappointed with my self I couldn't stand it. I tasted the sweat rolling down my face. We were down fourteen to zero. I was trying to stay optimistic about the game, but I knew it was my fault. I was tired and hungry and I could smell the concession stand in the distance.
The next play was a pass play right to me. I don't know coach kept wanting to give me the ball can't he see I was having a bad day. '22 23 Go! Our quarterback shouted as the play began. I took off down the field and our quarterback lobed me the football towards me. 'Don't mess up' were the only words in my mind. The ball got closer and closer, and I caught it! As I turned to take off running I was slammed in the side by a defender, and the ball the out of my grasp. 'Fumble!' The defender shouted. I tried to dive on the ball, but I was to late. The other team recovered the football. The rest of the game was game was just as bad, and we ended up losing a 28 to 7.

It was a tragic ending. I wish I could go back and keep myself from making all of those mistakes. If I only ran a little bit faster of focused a little bit harder, maybe we would have done that much better.