Futbol | Teen Ink

Futbol

February 3, 2009
By Alberto Holguin BRONZE, Aurora, Colorado
Alberto Holguin BRONZE, Aurora, Colorado
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

It's taken me well over 16 years, but now I see what the most important thing in my life is. It haves different names in different places like soccer, foosball, futebol, and la pelota. I've played 90 minutes back and forth and many times much longer than that but still it's taken me this long to figure out what I really care for.
Indeed, futbol is my life.
I find futbol to be the best thing in the world because no matter how bad the situation ever gets, due to the weather or however bad you might be getting beaten; things could only get better for you and your team. If the rain is pouring and you can't run because of the extra 100 pounds you're dragging on your legs and feet, put the ball in the air and out of the other players' reach. When the heat is boiling your blood and your brain. Relax; try taking quick touches so you don't get tired. If the snow makes your muscles freeze up on you, keep on moving fast and smart to crush the other team into tiny crystals. But overall, try to keep in mind that no matter what happens to you and your teammates, the other team is feeling the same exact way you are.
Many people think that this is only a game, but to me and few others futbol means much more than that. To us this means one tribe versus another'being a hero or villain. To be able to defeat the other team, not only do you need physical strength and capacity, but mental as well. You need to be fast and agile like when attacking, and you need to react faster and smarter when defending. Remember, offence sells tickets and defense wins championships.
Often on the field, you will see broken bones, cuts, bruises, and even blood but those moments are when you will see your true commitment, passion, and faith.
I still can't believe it's taken me this long, but now I've realized that I'm ready to take on a bigger challenge. It is now my time on the field' Now all I can do is wait nervously and restlessly, until someone gets enough courage'enough courage to take me on.