Five Flying Arrows | Teen Ink

Five Flying Arrows

December 7, 2015
By Edewald GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
Edewald GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
11 articles 0 photos 0 comments

They are the only ones who challenge me. I am the only one who challenges them. Five flying arrows with serious outcomes and enlightened ends. Five that accompany the others, but are away from the others. Five zipping through the speed of light. From the deck, I can control them, but others do not approve.


Their aerodynamics are secret. They send thuds through out the dense air. They first look down and then they look up to prepare and shoot between trees and sling past bushes with a snap of a string to find their end. This is how they soar.


Let one forget it's reason for creation, they’d break like twigs in a storm, each with their feathers around each other. Stick, stick, stick they say when I release. They demanded.


When I am too apathetic and too irritated to stick sticking, when I am an ant against so many problems, then is is I look at arrows. When there is nothing left to look at off this patio. Five who soar despite wind. Five who progress and do not forget to progress. Five whose only reason is to help and help.