Why Parents Should Let Their Kids Play Football | Teen Ink

Why Parents Should Let Their Kids Play Football

By Danteisking BRONZE, Crested Butte, Colorado
Danteisking BRONZE, Crested Butte, Colorado

Contrary to what people think football is not as violent or bad as you or I would think, you learn valuable life lesson and injuries only happen 3%of the time. It teaches you important life lessons and his very good for your health. I think this an important issue because, a lot of kids miss out on this wonderful experience. You should care about this issue because, some kids won’t ever learn some of the important life lessons I and other kids  learned from the sport. I care about this issue because, a lot of my peers can not play football because, their parents are worried about injuries, which is a possibility mainly concussions. All in all, parents should not only let their kids play football but, encourage it. 

Going back to some reasons, football will teach your kids important life lessons. First, when I’m playing football it gets so hard that I want to quit, but continuous pain makes everything in life seem easier and teaches me to power through the hard parts of life no matter what happens. For example, in one of my papers a little boy chose to be quoted.This is what he's said. “This was hard mom, but you know what was harder? Coach T’s football practices. Your remember how i wanted to quite, give up? But I didn’t, and that's how i'm gonna handle this”. Football thought that little boy never to quit or give up. Second, It's not as dangerous as people think. For instance, every coach and players are required to go through heads up football training. Heads up training is teaching players how to tackle safer. Which in turn reduces injuries. Also, TheA’re  issuing many more rules to prevent head injuries. All in all, football is not only safe it also teaches teaches kids important life lessons.

Another reason why parents should let their kids play football,  is football is extremely good for your health. First, studies have shown football is better than your health than say running or lifting weights. For example, 47 men with high blood pressure  took  a test. Half of them played football and half ran.  After three months the adults who played football there blood pressure drop twice as much as the men that ran.  Second, it's even better for your health than soccer. For instance, soccer affects numerous cardiovascular risks such as oxygen uptake. Also, some other reasons why football over soccer, football will toughen your kids up for the real world. In conclusion,  football is the healthiest thing around.

Football is making strides to become a sport everyone can play. You probably wondering,  I don't have a kid,  what I do about this issue? This question is for the kids How will I convince My Parents?. USA  football (Runs Heads up football program)takes donations and volunteers. Just go to there website.  Also, just talk to your parents give them the reasons I gave you. As you can see, football is a great safe healthy teaching sport. Thank you for taking time to read this.     

Works cited;
Henderson, Monique. "Why I Let My 9-Year-Old Son Play Tackle Football." Time. Time, n.d. Web. 22 Oct. 2015.i

Delvin, Kate. "Playing Football Better for Your Health 'than Going for a Run or Lifting Weights'" The Telegraph. Telegraph Media Group, n.d. Web. 22 Oct. 2015.