Passion in Synchronized Swimming | Teen Ink

Passion in Synchronized Swimming

Synchronized swimming, a hybrid of swimming, dancing and gymnastics consisting of swimmers performing a synchronized routine of elaborate moves in water, accompanied by water. Athletes can perform in so many ways such as solos, duets, team or in combos, competing the other competitions.

I am sure everyone has at least one event in her/his life that will be remembered for the rest of their life. Remember how something happened to you for the first time, remember the events that change you so much, that shaped your personality, views and everything.

I started joining synchronized swimming since I was young and my passion towards them is to the maximum. Literally, till the maximum. When I was 11, I was chosen to represent my country, Malaysia to attend the 10th Macau Open Synchronized Swimming Championship in 2010 for the juniors team and to forget, the 2nd Asia Pacific Synchronized Swimming in 2010, National Age Group in 2010 & 2011, and many more! I was very proud of myself at that time, because at the young age, I could represent the country and could bring some gold and silver medals for the team, school, family and Malaysia.

But, a few years later, something happened that  makes me not to join synchronized swimming anymore. I was very sad, thinking what would I do without synchronized swimming anymore? How could I be without synchronized swimming? I was sad for some times, thinking about this.  I’ve been questioning myself, why must I be chosen to face this? WHY? But, who knows, maybe there is always something good other than synchronized swimming.

Today, although almost two years I’ve stopped joining synchronized swimming, but my passion towards them is always the best. During free times, I will go visit my ex-teammates, learning any new steps and others eventhough I know, I will not be chosen to represent the country anymore. But, I will still love this sport as this is my passion in everything that shapes my personality.

I will not forget my teammates, my coach, my seniors and especially to all of them who has supported me directly or indirectly in synchronized swimming, my family. Thank you very much, I don’t know how to express this, but I really mean it.  Thank you synchronized swimming, you have my heart.