Facing the best

TWEEEEEET! The final whistle had just been blown and our team just lost our last bowl game. Man was I mad. We had gone on a 2 game winning streak. Wait, I'm getting ahead of myself. Let me start over from the beginning.

Our team, you could say, was the worst winless team I've ever been on. We had gone 0-8 in the regular season and every team in our league gets bowl games. So we went into our first bowl game feeling as though we have to prove to the other teams that we mean business. We won the game, and our first of the season, and we felt happy as ever. We all went out to eat and celebrate.

The next week we had to get up at 5 to get to our game. We all felt tired, but we didn't care. We went out there and played our hearts out. We played the best game of our season, said our coach. The team we played was just as good as us. We won the game by a lot. We went home feeling like winners.

Our next game didn't go so well. The team we played was the team we played the first game of the season. We lost that game by 22. We went into the game feeling as though we had to prove to them that we were a different team. We came out swinging, as some people would say. We were fighting as if our life depended on it. We lost and we felt disappointed, but we also felt rejuvenated. We had almost beat the best team in the league. We felt as though we had proved to every team n the league, as though we were for real.