LaCrosse Goal | Teen Ink

LaCrosse Goal

Keep running; you must pass the person in front in order to do this correctly. Being an offensive and defensive lineman is easy compared to this nonstop running, holding your stick high, hard running and no time outs for substitutions. Lacrosse is a fast paced sport its nothing like football moving 5-15 yards, you sometimes run the whole field. My first year was rough, a sophomore on a team that was more complex and more challenging than football. I had never played but my stick skills were ok, and I couldn’t run fast or long. I was sadly injured with a hip injury caused from a hard hit. When I returned to I could barely walk but I would always go to practice and watch the more talented players. The way they would dodge and cradle through the defenders and score was very cool but I was injured and could not play. My junior year came around and now able to play I had some of the best stick skills on the team. I had a chance of starting and scoring for my team but still I was not fast enough to play, although I was good and knew a lot the coaches started others over me. I really never understood that, my position at “x” never really ran a lot besides to chase the ball or carry around and settle every one down that’s it. Now our team is one and one and I have yet to score a goal. Although I work hard and go to the ymca every day and run a couple of miles, I still have not got in and always show coaches that I’m ready they still don’t put me in.

about Lacrosse 2nd year playing