Basketball | Teen Ink

Basketball

There is so much to love in this world and it can be hard to just choose one that is my favorite.  But there is just one thing that I always dream about everyday and sometimes I forget where I am just thinking of it or picturing something in my mind.

I love playing Basketball and everyday I think about it and every night I dream about it.  My biggest dream is to one day be in the NBA.  I may not be the best basketball player in the world and I make flaws but if I really want to get there I’m going to have to work hard.  Once I went to Yogi Bear Park with Ethan and all we did was played basketball.  We would get up and head out the door to see if anyone would play us.  If no one did then we would find something else to do but the majority of the time was on the court.  The one thing about playing basketball all the time was that we got a good tan.  There is just something that fascinates me when I shoot the ball and try to get in the hoop.  Even when I comes to dribbling, when I walk I sometimes tend pretend I have a basketball dribbling through my legs and I pull up and shoot. 

When I watch NBA or collage basketball it amazes me how when the players go in for a layup, it seems like they are in the air for so long.  They fake a shot, rotate their body, spin their arm with the ball, and make the layup while in the air the entire time. 

I never get tired of hearing the swoosh sound of the net when someone shoots the ball and gets nothing but net.  The sound of running and the screeching of the shoes on the court gets me excited.  When someone makes a great dribbling move, makes someone break an ankle and hearing the crowed in awe.  Must make whoever made that move feel pretty good.  Draining threes as easy as pointing a finger.  All of these things about basketball I love.  There isn’t one thing about it that I don’t like.  From 6th grade to now, there have been about 6 players on our team.  We don’t need a big team; all we needed was each other.  We have one over 13 metals and 7 trophies from tournaments.  My best moment of basketball was winning my first GMC championship.  That game was so intense, we were tied up with Hicksville almost the entire game.  We wanted to win so bad and so did they.  We played our best basketball and we won it in the end.  The feeling of cutting down the net was amazing.

Even though we have had a small team almost my entire life, it didn’t stop us from winning.  That’s another thing about basketball I love.  A lot of players aren’t needed to win a game.  What is needed is players playing smart basketball and working together.  I have so many memories from all the different schools and tournaments I’ve been too.  My greatest times have been during basketball and I will never forget them.