My Love for Softball | Teen Ink

My Love for Softball

March 24, 2015
By ACasa24 BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
ACasa24 BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.
- Marilyn Monroe


Every year I waited impatiently for the seasons to change. Not the kind of season most people will think of, weather, but the sport season. I could not wait to hear the sound of my bat ring in my ear as it sends the ball souring to center field. I love the rush and the tension that hovers over the field like a dense patch of fog in the morning. It makes the game more intense and the victory even more satisfying. Every time I catch a fly ball and dive for a grounder I feel and overwhelming feeling of excitement as a throw the ball in for an out. This feeling is the reason I love softball so much. I was four years old when I first felt the thrill of hitting the ball and watch the yellow ball spiral down the field at T-ball. Every year since I grown to love the game even more as I advanced and approved throughout the years.


Softball has brought me more than thrills; it also brought me loving friends and laughter. It gave me some of the best memories that changed my life. I met my best friend on the diamond years back. If it weren’t for that bright yellow ball with red stitching down both sides of it, I would never had met her. Softball is a way for me to let out everything I held inside of me.


Softball is the one thing I look forward to in the cold, wet spring. When I got my varsity letter my sophomore year I was so grateful and happy. It was my first year at a new school and it was overwhelming but with the team I felt I belonged. Softball is one of the sports that bring everyone together. I will remember the friends that softball brought me forever. Every summer and spring I am happy to be on the field; every other season I am waiting for the day to step back on it.