moutain biking | Teen Ink

moutain biking

By johan BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
johan BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota

The first time I went on a mountain bike trail it was awesome, I was at the Murphy-Hanrehan Three Rivers bike trail in Savage, MN. Zipping down the trail in the woods when, a log bridge showed up. I pedaled over the bridge when a drop off came then I lost my balance and fell off the bridge into a ravine. After that ride I decided I want to go back and finish that trail without wiping out so to get better i want to start in downhill mountain bike racing. I’m going to tell you why I want to start mountain bike racing, I love riding my bike, I like the thrill and adventure of being on the trail, and I like doing work on my bike.

First I love riding my bike, I love going on mountain bike trails with a lot of tight turns, and jumps. I also love riding in the woods. the woods is fun when there are a lot of trees. I like the trees because it provides a lot of challenges, because I have to be sharp and gotta watch out.

Next I like the thrill and adventure of riding in the woods. It’s fun when there is jumps in the woods because you have to be careful or you will crash and probably get hurt. I like going to the hill in the back of my woods because I'm making a trail right now ands its fun.

Lastly I like doing work on my bike. I've learned a lot about my bike and how bikes work by doing all my tune ups and work on my bike when its broken. I’ve always thought it would be cool to own a bike repair shop.

After I crashed at the bike park I got up and walked it off. anyways those are the reasons I want to start mountain bike racing. I like to ride my bike, I like the thrill and adventure of riding in the woods and its cool to do work on my bike.