trap shooting | Teen Ink

trap shooting

January 27, 2015
By johan BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
johan BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Trap Shooting is by far my favorite sport. The thrill of shooting a gun, the feeling of accomplishment you get when you destroy your clay pigeon is pretty great I'm going to tell you about my favorite sport, trap shooting. Specifically what's so fun about it, What  you do, and the Minnesota push.

Some of you might be thinking what's so fun about it? It doesn't look that fun. Trap shooting is fun for many reasons, the main one is because you get to shoot guns. if you don'tlike to shoot guns or like guns at all this sport isn't for you, so go play a different sport. Another reason Trap is so fun is because when you're off the field not shooting you get to hang out and mess around with your friends. You might be saying what do you do in trap shooting?

In trap shooting there is a field. On that field there is the trap house and 5 station behind that. Each station is 25 feet away from the trap house. You get 5 shots at each station, then you switch to the station on your right. If you're on the very right you go to the station to the very left, and you continue doing that until you go to every station.  At one station you get 5 clay pigeons which means in one round you go through 25 clay pigeons. If you are from anywhere besides the midwest you may be asking why haven't i ever heard of trap shooting?

Trap shooting is a sport mostly known in the midwest. The one state in the midwest it is most popular is in Minnesota. last year the Minnesota State High School Trap League had over 8000 members. The Wisconsin State High School League had over 4000 members last year.

  So i just told you about what so fun about trap shooting, what you do in trap shooting, and the minnesota push. I think that trap shooting is a great sport and should become a national sport.