My First Year of Football | Teen Ink

My First Year of Football

December 15, 2014
By Jamaican_Chris BRONZE, Olney, Illinois
Jamaican_Chris BRONZE, Olney, Illinois
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Football never seemed to fun, or enjoyable too me. However I decided to join anyway.

The reason I joined football was because I thought it would be something good to part of. My friends always wanted me to join and play, but I wanted to wait until my freshman year to join. When I decided to play I was not for sure if I was going to like it. I continuously thought that until I finally got to practice.

In the start of the season I did not really enjoy it. I hated going to practice because I was not used to playing sports. During practice I was not used to any of the pads, especially while running. Also, I never played football before so I was not for sure how to do all the drills.

But later on, towards the end of the season I really enjoyed playing football. I have started to enjoy the practices. The coach also decided that I was good enough to start about the fourth game. Finally, at the end of the season the coach said that I have improved a lot, especially coming in not knowing anything to be starting on fresh and fresh/soph games, and he wanted me to come back and play next year.

Like I said I have overcame my first year of football. I became starting fresh and fresh/soph games. In the future I wish to become a varsity player.
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.- Vince Lombardi.