Basketball is my Favorite Sport

The sport of basketball is known as a fun past time for any person young or old. Basketball is a great way of exercise and a great way to have fun with friends and possibly make some new ones. I love to watch and play the game, basketball is a very entertaining sport and can be played by anyone. Basketball has many negative and positive things about it based on my opinion. Basketball is known as a good pastime in many people’s eyes but can also be seen as a passion for many others.

Basketball in my opinion the best thing I can do with my friends to have fun while burning a few calories. I see basketball as a fun and easy way to have fun rather than sitting on the couch all day playing video games or watching television. One reason I love basketball is because you need only yourself to play the game or, you can play with teammates. I prefer to have others to play with rather than just playing alone. To me there is not only one word that I can describe basketball. You meet tons of people and you are able to play with your friends for hours without getting one thought of boredom. One thing I love about basketball is that people have many different styles of play. There are styles such as a passer, playmaker, shooter, defensive player, and dunker or highflyer. When you play basketball you feel much more confident and makes you not care much about how others think about you. When I possess the ball in basketball I have the mentality of being the best and no one could stop me. Many people have creative ideas and find new ways to trick the opposing players. Playing Basketball is very entertaining since there are endless ideas you can think of just with a hoop and a basketball. There are many reasons why I love to play the game of Basketball but I also love to watch the game also.

Basketball to me is overall the best sport out of all of the other sports such as baseball, soccer, and football. I also believe out of all these sports basketball is the best sport to watch on television. Basketball is very fun to watch on television because when you watch it you can take the moves you see the professional’s perform and add them to your style of play. I take many of my moves from professional basketball players and make them my own because they expand my arsenal of tricks. There are a variety of tricks the players perform during games it makes the games much more enjoyable to be watching. My favorite player to watch is Kobe Bryant. He makes basketball seem as a mere game for little kids. He is an all around athlete is still going strong at 30 years old. He is a big role model to many kids who enjoy playing this sport. Kobe can do anything he is a very versatile player and could get anywhere around the court in a blink of an eye. Bryant is the definition of all-around in my book. He knows how to play both sides of the game offense and defense. I look at Kobe Bryant as the ultimate weapon. I want to play like him as I continue to get better and better every time I play basketball. Kobe makes the game much more enjoyable to watch because of his acrobatic shots and stunning defense. Basketball is my favorite sport of all-time. There are just endless possibilities when it comes to the thought of basketball.

Basketball is a great way to get your mind off things and is also a great way to express yourself. It is a sport that can work your whole body. It’s a great pastime for any one and is a great way to bond with family members and friends. I see in my eyes that basketball is very addicting and makes you want to play more and more of it. Basketball is known as a good pastime in many people’s eyes but can also be seen as a passion for many others.

Ghori said...
Jan. 20, 2012 at 11:56 am:
y u enjoy this game???

Santa's BIG Helper said...
I would hit that...HARD!

NOOB replied...
Dec. 21, 2011 at 9:15 pm :
I would hit that even harder

SANTA said...
Dec. 19, 2011 at 10:19 am:
my favorite sport is CHEERLEADING

NOOB replied...
Dec. 20, 2011 at 9:56 am :
Ohhhhh Yaaaaaaaaa! I should come and watch you some time

NOOB replied...
Dec. 20, 2011 at 10:01 am :
I mean do you wear a skirt and everything? That sounds so hottt!

NOOB said...
Dec. 19, 2011 at 10:06 am:
My favorite sport is knitting

raindance72 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

I had a basketball game today, my favorite sport too :)

Nice writing!

karan123 said...

yeah it was good nt so much

fugy.loke said...
Nov. 16, 2011 at 8:48 am:
 it;s cool and kobe bryant is a best polayer 

JuneTaz said...
Nice job! ;D I think it'd be a little more to-the-point ifyou added a paragraph on what kinds of games and exercises you can do in basketball. But great points made nevertheless. 4 stars.

.,o0O said...
Oct. 23, 2011 at 8:46 am:
We say it copy cat

KenyaLove41This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i totally agree with this article! I LOVE BASKETBALL!!!!!<3;P

ally16 said...
i agree kobe bryant does it all:)

AbigailSolorzano said...
Sept. 10, 2011 at 10:26 am:

Basktball is also my favorite sport!

i wish you would have put more emotions to it, but overall great piece. :)

mahii said...
Aug. 22, 2011 at 5:38 am:

it waz very nice

rakhi said...
Jul. 30, 2011 at 4:58 am:
i also like basketball.

ExpRESsY0uRselFThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 8, 2011 at 8:23 pm:

I'm not much of a sports person...but I guess I get your point.

K.M.S.Shear said...
Jun. 8, 2011 at 6:50 am:

Its one of the sports i play. I like it.

CallieL said...
Jun. 8, 2011 at 12:47 am:
Basketball is definitely an excellent sport. Nice piece.