My Insipration | Teen Ink

My Insipration

December 2, 2008
By Anonymous

My inspiration lies on the hockey rink anywhere that I play. I love hockey, and it inspires me to do my very best every time I step on the ice. If I could play hockey 24/7 I would. I am only a freshman playing on the high school varsity team. My goal is trying to outwork and outthink the other players. They are bigger, faster, and stronger than me, but I try a lot harder and pretty soon I hope to be as good as them. Hockey means everything to me and, without it; I would be lost in a very lonely world.
I try to be a leader and help the other kids in many ways, even if they are older. I show no emotion when something goes wrong; I learned that last year with my bantam coach. I try to be calm, cool, and collected and try to make it better the next shift, and I do it cleanly. I have been captain of the peewee my 2nd year. Then I was captain of the bantam team my 2nd year also. I am trying to learn what will make me successful at the high school level because our high school hockey was never every good. We play in the Lake Superior Conference and never win more than two games. This year we have a very good chance to do something because we have a very good team. If everyone would stay out of trouble we would have a greater chance of winning more than just two. I love hockey and I wouldn’t give it up for the word even if that does mean, I have to step up and be a leader. It might make some older kids mad but I don’t care; I am just trying to help them.
I would love to and try to make a difference not only on the hockey rink, but, as a member of this community. I wouldn’t mind if we only win three or four games as long as we try our best and lose by a goal or two. The last couple of years we have never done well in the Lake Superior Conference. Some people think it is good that it is making up better as a hockey team, but some people say that it isn’t good, that it make up seem like we suck. Personally I don’t care as long as I get to play the game. I love playing with people that are better than me so I can get better and learn a lot more stuff. Hockey is my inspiration and I love with my life. I will play it as long as I am living and have fun doing it.