Football | Teen Ink

Football

November 10, 2014
By rkuhtz18 SILVER, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
rkuhtz18 SILVER, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
8 articles 0 photos 0 comments

In America, football is the most watched sport, the most exciting sport, and the greatest sport.  No other country can compete with the excitement of a football game, the tailgating before each game, and the Super Bowl. 

Football in America is unique because football is only in two countries, America and Canada; however, Canadians don’t show their passion and aggression like Americans do.  Football America is like no other sport.  This makes me proud of being able to watch football every week and enjoy America’s most watched sport.  This makes me proud to be an American.  


“There's two times of year for me: football season, and waiting for football season.” -Darius Rucker.  Darius Rucker is an American musician who enjoys just like millions of Americans. This quote just shows how important football is to Americans and how their life, as well as my life revolve around it.  There is nothing like the hype leading up to a new season, thinking your team is going all the way.  There is nothing like the aggression the fans show towards their teams and screaming and smack talking to the opposing teams fans. 


Sure some people can make an argument about how soccer is the most popular sport worldwide and it is, but that is  what makes football in America so unique.  In 2012, the NFL had an average attendance of 67,604 fans at each game. That is more than any other sport league in the world.  Canada has hockey, Mexico has soccer, Australia has Rugby, and we have football.  Nothing says America like tailgating, the Dallas Cowboys, and the Green Bay Packers.