Baseball in America | Teen Ink

Baseball in America

November 10, 2014
By LoganK10 SILVER, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
LoganK10 SILVER, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Jacques Barzun, a famous writer, once said, "Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America better learn baseball."  Baseball is my favorite sport to watch  Baseball is also considered the nation's pastime.  America is the birthplace and heart of baseball which makes America great.

I have been playing Baseball since I was two, when I would hit the balls that my dad threw me over the roof and I have loved the game ever since.  Baseball isn't just a sport or a game for me, it's a passion.  I love to be out on the field with my team to play those nine innings.  When I make a play or get a hit I just get a rush and it's the best feeling in the world which makes me proud to live in America and be able to play baseball.

My dad, who played baseball in college, once told me that baseball is a love and you have to love it if you ever want to be successful at it.  I never knew what he meant. But in the past year or two of playing, I have realized what he meant.  I play in the fall, spring, and summer on different league and have traveled to many states around the country to play the sport I love which makes me glad to be an American because I’m free to do that.

The fact that baseball was invented in America and is played in America. This makes me proud to be an American. Baseball is a huge part of my life and I don't know what I would do without it.  I'm proud to play Baseball and I'm proud to be an American.