The Game WInning Hit | Teen Ink

The Game WInning Hit

By JamesStacks BRONZE, Lewisvile, Texas
JamesStacks BRONZE, Lewisvile, Texas

"You just cant beat the person who cant give up" -Babe Ruth

It’s in the bottom of the ninth; the teams were the Astros vs. Desperados. They had tied the score 8-8 and Tyrell Shavers was up to bat. “Crack” was the sound of the bat as the ball flew to the outfield. “Yes Tyrell got a double” JR answered to himself “JR you’re up to hit, get out there” Coach Jason demanded.

As JR darted out to the batter’s box he sensed the urge to run back into the dugout because if he didn’t smash the ball the Astros went home with a tie and a tiny trophy but if he does hit the ball and if Tyrell reaches home plate they leave and get to go home with a huge trophy.

As JR got into the batter’s box the pitcher was already in his windup when the umpire yelled “play.”Before you even noticed it, the count was 3-2, 3 balls 2 strikes, the pitcher was about to lob the ball when Coach Jason called a timeout and tugged JR over to talk to him “hey, just do what you’ve been taught, calm down up there and have fun.”

As JR stepped into the batter’s box the pitcher was already in his windup and as soon as he released the ball JR closed his eyes and then… “Crack!” was the ring of the bat as the baseball flew over the 380 sign “homerun!” shouted the umpire.

JR sprinted around the bases shouting as Tyrell scores and as soon as JR arrived to home plate his team dog pilled him and the Astros beat the Desperados and won the World Series 10-8.