High School Football Star Becomes NFL Player | Teen Ink

High School Football Star Becomes NFL Player

Just a local high school football player who liked being on a team and playing the sport, one day finds himself on the roster of a NFL team.  So how did he get from playing on a local high school team to practicing with other NFL players?  It started by just getting out there and playing.

He was a pretty big kid in high school.  He participated in other sports besides football.  Because of his height he played basketball and he also played baseball.  But it was football where people, coaches, noticed with his size and performance that he is not just another high school football player.  His family cheered for him, his friends screamed his name and his teammates were his family during the season.  Life could not get any better than this.

It’s his senior year, the last year of being the High School Football Star.  Everyone knows him, but now he has to get the College Scouts to know him.  He has to prove that he is more than a high school football player but that he is an asset to any college that chooses him.  So he practices harder and plays even better than he has played before if even possible.  And he does.  A College wants him to join their team.

It’s his first year of college.  Everything is different now.  The school is larger, expectations are higher and not everyone knows who he is.  What??  His family still cheers him on and his friends are still screaming his name and his new team is his new family for the season. 

College life is different.  He’s matured.  He is stronger and has learned more than ever before.   He has worked harder, but the payoffs are even bigger.  More people are noticing him and it is not just within a small town.  Actual NFL scouts are starting to take notice of his special talents and they like what he has to offer.  But it will it be good enough to make the NFL?  There are so many athletes out there who work just as hard with talent and want it just as much as he does.  He starts putting himself out there more.  He does interviews, practices more and plays even better than he has played before if even possible.  He has graduated from College and his next move depends on the drafts.  Has he proved that he is good enough to be on a NFL team?  Along with many other talented football players he waits for the moment that he will be picked to join one of the teams that he has been watching all these years and only dreamed about being part of.  And then…he’s drafted into the NFL.

“He”, can be any young football star.  NFL players come from many places and many situations, but they all come from the enjoyment of playing the game.  They work hard, get hit hard and get back up to do it all again.  People cheer them on and live part of their dream with them.  But “he” can be anyone that really wants it.