My Dream | Teen Ink

My Dream

August 26, 2014
By AnnaEvans2014 BRONZE, Columbus, Ohio
AnnaEvans2014 BRONZE, Columbus, Ohio
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Everybody has their own dream, princess,hero,NFL quarterback,or to be in the world cup.But as we grow up we come to a realization that our dreams,no matter how likely they seemed when we were five it is now unreachable. I also had a dream but it was unlike any other little girls,no I never wanted to be a princess or beauty queen,I wanted to play in the MLB.Yes thats right I wanted to play baseball.So as I enterd my first year of high school I decided this would be a good time to start.No nat start playing for the first time,I had been playing for 10 years,I tought it would be a good time to srart my high school sports carrer. Now i know what you're thinking right now,why not just play softball? Well here's your answer,it wasn't as fun or as challenging.

The reason that I decided to start writing about my experience today out of any other day in my 10 years,because I was entering a new level, a new group of people that I had never played ball with,let alone talked to them.

I had the first baseball meeting today,you will not even be able to imagine the looks I got when I walked into the gym,just because I had boobs and hair.They didn't even bother to say hi or ask me why i was their only continued to talk about me behind my back,not caring if I heard them or not. But that didn't mind me as much because I had been getting those looks for 10 years,at least those people tried to talk to me.But all the looks have not just been from players.They had also been for parents as well,from both the other team,and my own team as well! Asking themselves why was she doing this,was she trying to prove a point,and it doesn't really matter she probably sucks anyway.When I hear this I always want to ask”If I was trying to prove something to someone,or wasn't any good what have I been playing for 10 years.

But back to todays meeting.To put some of the looks I got from people not just through the meeting but in school as well.Imagine standing up in the middle of a service at a church and proclaming that God is fake. Those are the looks I got all day as I passed people that were at the meeting today in school.Some even questioned me saying”Why are you playing?” “You knows there's a softball team right.”and “Just play softball.” were causally said,as if the would mean nothing to me.

when I came home later that afternoon and told my mom she said”What's holding you back?” as I tought for an answer to her question it dawned on me that I didnt have one.So I did some deeped thinking and tought what really was holding me back as I realized nothing.I decided to go for it and I will be the first girl in my school to play a guys sport. That's something to be proud of even if other people frown upon it, I still will be better than all the other guys,and that might be something they just have to accept.


The author's comments:
I hope that people take frome this that it dosent matter if your a female you can do exactly what guys can.