The Game | Teen Ink

The Game

May 29, 2014
By fico98 BRONZE, Coronado, California
fico98 BRONZE, Coronado, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The Game

It was a very hot day; to hot I think to play football. We were all at school excited because it was our first game. You could see all the excitement in people faces ready to go to the field. I was at class ready to get released and when I was you could see all our teammates ready to go. Right when I stepped into the locker-room you could hear all the team screaming, shouting, and singing and ready to go. Then came the bus, in the bus you could hear almost nothing most of the people were focused and ready to go into the game. Finally we got there we came down the bus a little bit nervous because we didn’t know how the Southwest freshmen team would look like. They were about the same size of us a little bit taller and a little bit stronger than most of us but that did not scare us. We started warming up getting fired up to start the game. The feeling when the kickoff was finally off was excitement. When I first got in it was really nerve racking because it was my first game. The game continued and you could see all our teammates getting tired but still committed to go. There were some really nice plays for example in one our quarterback who his name is Gianni who is also the kick returner returned the kick all the way to the touchdown and that was really cool. There was also another one that our running back went through the middle dodged some tackles and ran the ball all the way to the touchdown. I didn’t catch a ball because ewe didn’t throw it because our running game was very effective so unfortunately I could not score. The game ended our effort was revealed in the scoreboard 50-0 all we practiced for was put out there. When we got to the bus you could hear people screaming and talking about the game, you could smell all the sweat to and it was horrible. Then I got home and could tell my friends and my family about “The Game”.


The author's comments:
A football game that I experienced playing