NFL Team In London? | Teen Ink

NFL Team In London?

By LilMero24 BRONZE, Westminster, Colorado
LilMero24 BRONZE, Westminster, Colorado

"They got money for the wars, but can't feed the poor."

Do you watch football? Do you ever wonder if the NFL would ever have a team in a different country? Well, they just may. There is a question on whether or not there should be a NFL team in London, Los Angeles, or give the team a bigger budget. This debate has gone big this year. The man named Roger Goodell has thought of this scheme. This is my judgment.

First of all, there’s a dilemma. We do not know how fans and players will react if we make this decision. Some people in London do not like the idea of Americans coming into London. What if an American team is playing a London and which either team wins and the team that loss fans respond bad and start a fight? Then it might start an argument between the governments. It would be very dangerous for all fans. If that all works, it would be just what the doctor ordered because London already has a stadium.

Next, I wonder if the NFL has sufficient funds to send a team to London. If they do who will pay the money. I know for a fact that Roger Goodell doesn’t have the budget to pay. Also, I think it would make the fans more eager to see a team from a different country rather than another team in California. In fact, it says that all eight games in London last year were sold out. It had more ratings than the past two super bowls. Roger Goodell says that “Someday we might have a football team in every country; we could be the WFL (World Football League). The NFL team members say that it would outlay more to have three teams in California than one team in London.

Also, player from Jacksonville Jaguars say that they would not want to leave the country, away from their families, but they think that it could be a great prospect for the NFL to enlarge globally. Professionals say that if the NFL expands across the country the Olympics sales will dual. If that happens, then the financial system in both countries will really enhance. Player Justin Blackmon said “Although I wouldn’t want to leave the country we may not have this opportunity ever again so I think we should take it while we have it.

Finally, this is my judgment on why there should be a team in London instead of Los Angeles. There are many problems that can happen if we take this big stride. “Sometimes you just have to go for it all”~Roger Goodell.