Hockey: The Sport I Love | Teen Ink

Hockey: The Sport I Love

Somebody asks, "Do you really play ice hockey?"
"Yeah," I reply with a smile on my face. They seem surprised that a small girl plays hockey, a tough sport, which makes me laugh inside. Sure I am a little on the shorter side, but that does not mean I am not tough. I have been playing since I was nine years old making it a total of six years. I love hockey. It is exciting to play as there is never a dull time in the game. When I am out on the ice, hockey gives me a chance to forget everything. If I am having a bad day, I know that hockey will allow me to forget about it for a few moments. My hockey team is a family. We will sometimes get in fights, but at the end of the day we are best friends that all have the same interest. We all want to further our game of hockey. We win, lose, and tie together. We understand each other and we are there for each other to get through those bad weeks. Hockey has led me to be responsible, a leader, and outgoing. Without hockey I would be a totally different person. I would not have the same friends, not care about school, and always be bored. When somebody seems surprised that I play hockey, I shrug it off because in my head I know that hockey has changed me for the better.

Harroun said...
on May. 18 2016 at 8:24 am
Made me inspired

on Jan. 30 2009 at 5:31 am
do u play for colorodo selects? ( whoever wrote this poem)