Students Versus Teachers Basketball/After Game | Teen Ink

Students Versus Teachers Basketball/After Game

By Austin Konen SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
Austin Konen SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

The students vs teachers basketball game was played last week friday 9/27/13 in the east gym. It was played by the students and the teachers and the teachers came out on top.

The game was played after 6th hour lunch, all of the students attended the game, some of them came out of the game impressed with what they saw. Emily said, “ Yeah, it was entertaining watching the teachers play basketball, I didn’t know they were that good.”

Halftime is a part of the game of basketball. The question is if it was entertaining or not, Junior Emily said, “ Yeah it was ok, parts of it got boring.” But to satellite study hall teacher Mr. Hoch, It’s a different story, he said, “ It was. I thought the dance teams were really good.”

After the game more happened, it wasn’t just the halftime show that brought us students off our feets, it was the after game chants that brought us attention. According to junior Emily when she was asked if it was fun doing the chants after the game, she responded with, “ Yeah it was, it got me pumped for homecoming.” I also asked Mr. Hoch so i could get what it looked like on the teacher side of it and he responded with, “ I did not chant, but i thought it was cool seeing the students do that, the gym was crazy.”

Not everyone played in the game, but Mr. Hoch did, heres some information on how the game went for him, he was asked how his experience was playing and he said, “ It was a great experience playing with the staff and students.” he was also asked if he was going to playing next year and he said, “ I will play next year because I enjoy the atmosphere of homecoming and the game.”