Abresch’s Great Football Career | Teen Ink

Abresch’s Great Football Career

By JohnnyM24 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
JohnnyM24 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

Jackson Abresch is a senior at Arrowhead High School and is a two-sport athlete. He recently helped the Warhawks to an undefeated season and a win in the state championship for football and switched his commitment to Northern Illinois from Western Illinois.
“The team this season did really well. We went undefeated and also won state. We played really well and performed great together as a team,” says Abresch.
Abresch had a great season this year as the warhawks won the state championship. He also had seven interceptions on the season.
“I felt I performed well this season. I helped the team to state and served as a great leader,” he says.
Abresch says he had a lot of great moments at Arrowhead playing for their football team but nothing compares to winning state.
“The best moment this season easily was winning state. It’s one of the greatest feelings.”
Abresch will be attending Northern Illinois this up-coming year on a full ride to play division one football.
“I’m very excited for Northern Illinois. I couldn’t be more excited for anything.”
“What made me commit to Northern Illinois was partly because of the scholarship offer. I get a full ride to play football. Also it is a great program for football at a high level of play. It’s also where I wanted to go since recruiting started.”
Abresch says he is excited to play division one football at such a high level.
“It’s always been a goal of mine to play division one football and I’m very excited to do so.”
Abresch is currently on the varsity team for basketball here at Arrowhead. This is his 4th year playing for the program.
Justin Radtke, a junior at Arrowhead High School, says “Jackson is a great defensive player for our team and can give us an offensive burst when needed. He has really improved on his shooting this year.”