Fredman Has Great Soccer Career | Teen Ink

Fredman Has Great Soccer Career

By JohnnyM24 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
JohnnyM24 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

Senior Sam Fredman has been on Arrowhead’s varsity soccer squad since he was a sophomore. And this year, he was the leading scorer for the team and also a captain. He was on First Team All-Conference this year and was selected as the Classic eight conference player of the year.
“Making first team all-conference was a big accomplishment for me because in the previous two seasons I had made honorable mention ad second team respectively and it was a mark for me that said I was improving each season,” Fredman said.
“Being selected player of the year for the Classic Eight conference is probably one of the best awards I’ve ever received because it’s such an exclusive award that only one player can get in one of the toughest conferences in the state.”
Fredman helped the Warhawks first place in the Classic Eight conference with an overall record of 13-7-2. The Warhawks were also able to make it to the playoffs this season, but were unable to make it to state.
Fredman says, “I think it was the season was the best I’ve ever had as a player at Arrowhead and that we should’ve gotten further into the post season because I really did think we had a chance at winning state.”
Fredman would’ve liked to continue to play soccer at the next level but he wished that he would’ve gotten recruited by a few more division one schools.
“I would have played in college if I would’ve been recruited by more division one schools that would’ve helped me get into that college. A lot of the offers and recruiting I got were from smaller division two and division three schools that I wasn’t particularly interested in.”
Even though Fredman isn’t playing soccer in college, he was able to receive an academic scholarship.
“I recently just accepted admission to Iowa State University with an academic scholarship. My plan is to receive my bachelors in industrial engineering and my masters in business administration in five years through a program that is available there. “