The One and Only Mitch Bastien | Teen Ink

The One and Only Mitch Bastien

By JohnnyM24 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
JohnnyM24 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

Mitch Bastien was a member of the Arrowhead Boys Varsity Soccer team this year. It was his third year on varsity soccer for Arrowhead and this year he was awarded first team all-conference and helped the team to a good season.

Mitch Bastien is known at Arrowhead for his great presence on and off the field. He was one of the better strikers for arrowhead in the past few years. He had 6 goals and this year and was able to get honorable mention in the Milwaukee Journal/Sentinel All-Area Team.

Bastien says, “It was an honor getting first team all-conference. It showed that I really improved my game over the years. It was also an accomplishment getting honorable mention for the All-Area Team.”

Bastien tells us how he played with both Sam Fredman and Zach Self and what kind of impact they made on the team.

“Fredman and Self were two of the greatest players I’ve seen play. I have been playing with them my whole life and watching them progress over their high school career was awesome. Both were able to earn first team all-conference their junior and senior years.”

“I thought we had an alright season this year. We were able to be the Regional Runner Up this year in the run for state. I really thought we had a better chance at getting to state.”

Bastien will not be playing college soccer but will be attending college in Wisconsin.

“I will be attending the University of Wisconsin-Madison next year. It has always been a dream for me to attend Madison and I am very excited to be able to attend there.”