Schultz Improving Her Game | Teen Ink

Schultz Improving Her Game

May 20, 2013
By JohnnyM24 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
JohnnyM24 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
18 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Missy Schultz is a junior here at Arrowhead High School. She has been part of the varsity girl’s soccer team since she was a freshman. She has 3 goals this season and is continuing to help her team get wins and hopefully get to state.

Schultz explains to us her position and the requirements needed for that position.

Schultz says, “I play center midfielder. My role is to make sure we are attacking when we have the ball and that is when I become offensive but as soon as we lose the ball I also have to drop to defense right away.”

“This year we have been really strong in conference with a record of 6-1. We also have had five consecutive wins without conceding a goal. We have high hopes of going far and hopefully making it to state!”

Schultz also explains how here season has been going and compliments her teammates on their performance.

“This year has been one of my strongest years because I’ve been able to be more offensive and with having such a strong team it helps me play better also because I’m surrounded with great players who make my job a lot easier.”

“I have been playing soccer ever since I can remember. All my older siblings used to play and my dad used to coach so even when I wasn’t able to be on a team myself I still went to every practice my dad coached. I finally started playing select soccer when I was 10 years old and that was the best decision I ever made!”

Schultz explains where she wants to go to school and what she wants to professionalize in and if she wants to play soccer in college.

“I really want to be a nurse, so I’ve been looking into MSOE’s school of nursing and also into Carroll’s but I’m undecided so far as to which one! I want to stay close to home though.”

“Ever since I was little I wanted to play division one college but I’ve had to kind of take a reality check and realize that what I’m going to study is going to be a pretty intense program and that has to come first but if I have the opportunity I would love to play so I’ve still been looking into MSOE’s and Carroll’s soccer programs even thought they are division three I would still be doing what I love and getting an education.”

Schultz hopes to continue improving her game and helping her teammates get better.