All Things Point to Love | Teen Ink

All Things Point to Love

By cewlcookies BRONZE, Arcadia, California
cewlcookies BRONZE, Arcadia, California

"You don't want to be judged? You won't be.
You don't think you're strong enough? You are.
You're afraid? Don't be.
You have all the weapons you need.
Now fight."

Love is patient, love is kind, yet people abuse the word. We beat it and beat it till love is no longer kind, it no longer waits. Love transforms into the hate within those who are denied of passion. Who are we to say love will wait?

My father doesn’t let me do what I love. Now what I love to do, I hate, because I’m restrained. He suffocates me with other tedious things. Every move I make, every word I speak automatically becomes something he will not tolerate and therefore he destroys my hopes, and my dreams of becoming someone. I love what I do. I love it, but now I hate not being able to be free of doing it. My father, my father doesn’t understand. What I love will always be there, but every day, every hour I feel it slipping away from my fingertips. The cells that connect us are slowly pushing away creating a negative force. To this day, whenever I touch it, this thought goes through my mind, “What will happen if he sees it? Would he destroy you?” Every day I hope that I would be strong enough to break this rope connecting my father and I, so that I wouldn’t be afraid. Love is kind, at least for the moment.

This school I go to is a waste of my time. The only thing I know is that Asians really want you to become a doctor, or an engineer. Me? No, not me, well that is my second choice, but art is will always be my number one. Art has been there for me since my parents got divorced. It’s my long term relationship. I can’t change even if I try, even if I wanted to. It keeps me happy and warm inside. That’s how I express myself. Art is everything to me, without it, I’d have no personality. I’d be a robot that can only compute the number of heartbroken people in the world and we all know robots have no feelings.

I can tell you so many things about love, but this kind of love is the most common. Love is indecisive. That’s what I have. The symptoms are there are two things you love to do, and you want to make a career out of both of them, but the problem is which one will make the more money, so that you can support yourself and maybe a future family? That is also where, “Love is patient,” comes from. Love will wait for you as long as it can, until the strand can stretch no more, that is when it will cease to wait and move on to someone else. That, my friend, is how love hurts.

Love is patient, love is kind, love is indecisive, and love hurts. All of these kinds of love help you live life. To be honest, everything you know, everything you’ve experienced started from love. Maybe your parents loved something, and passed it on to you, and then you passed it on to your kids and so on. It is all a cycle. Love will be kind at first, and then it becomes indecisive. At that point, love will wait for your decision and then break away from you causing you to hurt. The lesson here is to love carefully. Loving carefully is how you can cheat pain.

I think life is lived based on love. Everything starts with love.