Michael Vick: No Hero | Teen Ink

Michael Vick: No Hero MAG

The Michael Vick saga is the story of a man who had everything and lost it all. And I cannot remember a tale more atrocious than his.

In 2001, the Atlanta Falcons selected Vick to be their franchise quarterback. He was seen as the savior of the team. The Falcons were so sure about Vick, they traded a shot at getting LaDainian Tomlinson, who many ­considered the best running back in the NFL. After the 2002 season, when Vick led the Falcons to the playoffs with a 9-6-1 record and beat Brett Favre in Lambeau Field, he received the biggest contract in NFL history: $130 million for 10 years. The following year, Vick missed most of the season with a broken ankle. In 2004, he led Atlanta to the NFC Championship but fell short.

Last year, Vick’s legal issues began to mount. In January, he was held at an airport on possession of marijuana, but tests revealed no illegal substances and he was never charged. In April, Vick was charged and convicted of dogfighting. His sentencing date – December 10th – was the same day the Falcons would play the Saints on Monday Night Football. He was sentenced to 23 months in prison.

In my opinion, this penalty is not harsh enough. By forcing innocent dogs to fight to the death, Vick has disgraced his family, the Falcons, and the city of Atlanta. Vick had a dogfighting ring on his property and mass graves for the burial of these dogs yet he initially pleaded not guilty. This is a testament to how immature Michael Vick really is.

Vick himself made me mad enough, but then I watched the Monday Night game. “Free Vick” signs were visible around the stadium. When Roddy White scored a touchdown, he displayed a “Free Mike Vick” T-shirt. I could only think, Do they know what this man did? He killed innocent animals for his own amusement. And, to me, the reaction by the Falcon fans was distasteful and atrocious. Vick deserved to be disciplined. Atlanta must realize the severity of his actions.

The Falcons and their fans need to move on. To me, Vick has played his last down in the National Football League. And rightfully so.

Michael Vick is no hero. He was an average quarterback who could run. But it’s time for the Falcons to move on and forget him.

bobby jo said...
on Mar. 14 2011 at 11:10 am
Michael vick screwed up his life by dog fighting you had very good detail and very good word choice

ABronson said...
on Mar. 14 2011 at 10:19 am
I loved the detail you used.

anna1234 said...
on Mar. 11 2011 at 11:35 am
i love dogs and i think that they are cute

molls146 said...
on Mar. 11 2011 at 11:33 am
I love dogs I think they are the best. I would love to read that story i sounds good and i looks good.

Anthony 1414 said...
on Mar. 11 2011 at 11:26 am
I liked your story, really cool.

NACHO!!! said...
on Mar. 3 2011 at 9:52 am
michael vick is a beast

Going to heathers house today might get some head HEHE

carn123 said...
on Mar. 1 2011 at 11:15 am
carn carn carn

on Mar. 1 2011 at 9:43 am
HEATHER GIVES GOOD HEAD!!!!!!!!! SHE MAKE ME SAY OMG!!!!!!!!!

Bearsfann238 said...
on Mar. 1 2011 at 9:42 am
Breaking News !!!!!

on Mar. 1 2011 at 9:40 am
Shutupp ur fat

mvick said...
on Mar. 1 2011 at 9:39 am
Micheal vick is a bad bad man!

beanerboii said...
on Mar. 1 2011 at 9:38 am
Loyal foyal soyal hoyal !!

on Mar. 1 2011 at 9:36 am
CHUCKY IS FAT !!! EARTHQUAKE STRUCK CHICAGO TODAY

imadawg said...
on Mar. 1 2011 at 9:36 am
micheal vick can go suck a big stick!

Bearsfann238 said...
on Mar. 1 2011 at 9:36 am
I agree Hawthorn it helps people conect to nature.

KiiD said...
on Mar. 1 2011 at 9:36 am
michael vick got legs for days, ill tear him up

bigdog said...
on Mar. 1 2011 at 9:35 am
supppp cammmmm babyyyy

on Mar. 1 2011 at 9:33 am
get off his dickkk you whiteeee ppl

on Mar. 1 2011 at 9:33 am
BIG DOG WHATS GOOOOODDDDD :D ITS CAM