Insight to Intramural | Teen Ink

Insight to Intramural

By 5Rafferty GOLD, Nashotah, Wisconsin
5Rafferty GOLD, Nashotah, Wisconsin

Intramurals provide activities for students that are fun and competitive. Students get to meet new friends and become involved with programs that have limited time commitments. Arrowhead offers intramural volleyball, basketball, bowling, badminton and also mini-golfing. While all of these involve a small fee it doesn’t exceed $10.00.

A senior, Matt Rafferty, plays intramural basketball.

Rafferty originally joined intramural basketball because he wanted to win championships and also he wanted to have fun with his friends.

“I enjoy playing because I played all throughout middle school and I wanted to continue to play competitively,” says Rafferty.

During his sophomore year, he and his team won the championship. Their team is called the Fighting Pickles. The team includes: Joe Warzyn, Spencer Jepsen, Matt Dassow, Matt Rafferty, Chris Grothey, Ben Bierman, Paul Wiza, Ryan Kaucic, and Andrew Westley. Their record as of this year is 2-0.

“Our biggest rival would have to be the Hoopin Crew,” says Rafferty.

Rafferty says that they expect to beat the Hoopin Crew this year.

The thing Rafferty says the loves the most about playing is the winning party and that he gets to play competitively with his friends and just have some fun.

Overall Rafferty and every other person that is involved in intramurals get to have a fun time, along with playing a sport competitively.