Indiana, no longer on top | Teen Ink

Indiana, no longer on top

By Jackson Cashion BRONZE, Charlotte,NC, North Carolina
Jackson Cashion BRONZE, Charlotte,NC, North Carolina

Coming into this NCAA Basketball season, the Indiana Hoosiers where ranked number 1 in the AP pools. Then it seemed like every team in the top 5 began to lose. Kentucky and Louisville both lost to Duke and Coach K. Now everyone was waiting for either the number 1 team Indiana to lose or the number 2 team Duke too. Then last night Indiana traveled too Butler to play a team who has only lost 2 games this season. Well at the end of the first half Indiana led 37-33 but then they let that 4 point lead fade with the second half score 43-39. Then in OT Indiana battled to the last moment when Alex Barlow hit a game-winning shot and his 6’Th point of the day. The final score of the game was 88-86 with Butler snatching the win. Indiana is still 1’st in the Big 10 conference and with Big 10 play approaching they will need to play strong if they want to get back the top spot. For Butler they are 4’Th in the Atlantic 10 and they will have to do well for the remainder of the season if they want to get the top spot from Charlotte 49’ers. So now that Indiana has lost will this make them more mature or will it make them suffer through the remainder of the season?

I love sports and i know alot about this topic.