Waller tears ACL, still helps out team. | Teen Ink

Waller tears ACL, still helps out team.

By JohnnyM24 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
JohnnyM24 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

Matt, a senior on the boy’s soccer team, will not be able to play his senior season due to an injury. He tore his ACL in a soccer game for his club this past year.

Although he won’t be able to play, he still helps out the team.

Colin, a member of the boy’s soccer team says, “In a way we haven’t lost him. He’s still a huge part of our team by motivating us and getting us ready for games. His talent will be missed because he was a great player.”

Matt says, “I still wanted to be part of the team, so my coach let me be on the sidelines during the game.

“I try to help the boys get jacked for the game as well as get them mentally and physically prepared by helping them stretch out”

“It was a real blow getting hurt and now not being able to play senior season, I still try to help the boys get prepared for the games though.”

“I’m still glad I can contribute to the team and take part in what we are trying to do this season.”

Matt was part of the offensive leaders last year. His statistics for the season was that he had 2 goals and 8 assists. In total points he had 10 points. He was also part of the 2nd All-Conference team for the classic 8 conference in the 2011 season.

“It was a fun year with the boys, I wish I could be playing this season with them too.”

Colin says, “I hope Matt recovers as soon as possible because he is a fantastic player and a great teammate.”