The Championship | Teen Ink

The Championship

By zachm BRONZE, Overland Park, Kansas
zachm BRONZE, Overland Park, Kansas

There it is. Right there! Should I get it? Asking myself furiously on my head in my cloud of thoughts of what is going to happen next. Rushing near the sidelines seeing helmets off broken shafts and torn lacrosse heads from the many fights of this rivalry game, As I look I see my teammate getting scolded by my 'Head Coach''
that had recently been thrown out of the game for fighting. I look to my left and I see the ball coming towards me, I get a glimpse of the scoreboard and there it says 6 to 6. I catch the ball solidly in the pocket of my lacrosse head, the neon colors cushion the blow of the ball as if you would fall onto fluffy pillow. Dead on sprinting my fullest to the opposite end I notice a flashing light to my right and I notice it is the reflection of the sun onto the shining metal of opposing team as he is about to dead on knock me out, without a thought of what to do i ran faster, sure enough I beat him, my teammates help out and sideswipe the guy and knock him out cold. As I approach the goal i rip the stick as hard as i am able to and sure enough i hear a silent ''pfffff'' as the other team pouts like brats. i run to the team and sure enough on the scoreboard it says "6 to 7" we sure did win that championship, I wonder what the future brings.