Hunting | Teen Ink

Hunting

March 14, 2008
By Anonymous

Crunch, crunch, crunch, the leaves crunched under the buck’s (male deer with horns.) weight.

“John, John,” my dad whispered “Here comes a big buck.” All I knew was that my heart was pounding 100 mph. As I pulled up my gun and got ready to shoot, when all of a sudden POW! I shot the deer and dropped the million pound deer in its tracks, and ever since then I have been hooked on hunting.

I started hunting at the age of 10, but wanted to hunt my whole life. As far as I know all of the men in my family been hunting some before my age and some a little later than my age. My Poppop, uncles, dad, and cousins have been hunting for years and they are the ones that got me into hunting, without them I wouldn’t be into hunting as I am now.

I hunt because it is fun, relaxing, it gives you food, it controls the population, and it helps the environment. If we didn’t hunt, we couldn’t get any deer meat. We would have an over population which could cause more accidents and if you want something from your parents you have less of a chance to get it because they would have to pay for the damages to fix the car. With that we might have more dead or dying people. Without hunting the population would be destroyed because they would keep reproducing and the habitat couldn’t support that many animals.

Hunting is also relaxing. The relaxing part for me is getting out of my house and away from my two annoying sisters.

That is why we have to hunt, it controls the population which cuts down some car accidents, it helps the habitat and the environment, and supplies people with food that nearly no one hates.

Crunch, Crunch, Crunch, here comes the deer!