Travel Team by Mike Lupica

Summary: Danny is a boy who loves basketball. His parents are divorced and he lives with his mom. Danny is one of the best basketball players in town but there is one problem: he got cut from the travel team. Now his dad comes into the picture. He thinks that Danny needs to be on some kind of team. So Danny and his dad form a team from the players who got cut. The team is a little ruff at first but they come together. Danny must coach his own team when his dad runs into some trouble. In the end Danny’s team ends up beating the team he was cut from. This is a book about surprises, happiness, and the bumps and bruises along the way.

Theme: The theme of this book is hope. Either losing hope or keeping it this is a good book to find it. This book teaches you to stay hopeful and never give up.

Recommendations: You will love this book if you are a basketball fan. If not you may have trouble following it if you don’t know the basketball lingo. I would definitely read this book. It makes you think but not too hard. This book is a real page turner. I never wanted to put it down. (This book is first in a series of three)

Genre: Sports

Rating: Out of 1-10 I gave it an 8