Top Ten UFC Fighters | Teen Ink

Top Ten UFC Fighters

Number One
Dan Severn
Dan “The Beast” Severn was an American mixed martial artist and a professional wrestler when UFC was just starting. He was born on June 8, 1958 and in Coldwater, Michigan, United States. He is 6 ft 2 in and 250 lb .Severn became one of the most popular UFC fighters from his great wrestling techniques, which helped him to take opponents to the ground and beat them into a knockout win. Unfortunately, Severn’s lack of experience and guarding toward submission moves lead him to lose many fights. Although, through his great skills, Severn was still able to win UFC tournaments and become an influence on wrestling-trained fighters everywhere to fight in the UFC.
Number Two
Georges St-Pierre
Quebec’s own George “Rush” St-Pierre, aka “GSP,” is the former UFC Welterweight Champion and has made great strides in the UFC in very little time. He was born on May 19, 1981 and in Saint-Isidore, Quebec, Canada. He is 5 ft 10 in and weighs 170 lb .He was named as one of the best fighters in the world, especially after winning his first two fights in the UFC took him to his first shot at a title against the-Welterweight Champion Matt Hughes.
Number Three
Anderson Silva
Anderson “The Spider” Silva is the toughest UFC fighters in the Middleweight Champion in the UFC. He was born on April 14, 1975 and in São Paulo, Brazil.He is 6 ft 2 in and weighs 184 lb.With his Muay Thai skills,Silva has completely destroyed the competition in the UFC middleweight class.His first fight in the UFC against an undefeated Chris Leben,Silva knocked out his opponent with quick,crushing strikes early in the first round.That led Silva to his shot at the title against Rich Franklin,Silva easily became champion.Silva has the longest winning streak and title defense streak in UFC history.
Number Four
Tito Ortiz

Tito ”The Huntington Beach Bad Boy” Ortiz is the most trash talker in the UFC. He was born on January 23, 1975 and at Santa Ana, California, United States. He is 6 ft 2 in and weighs 206 lb. He was UFC Light Heavyweight Champion and an mixed martial artist. He lost his title on 2003 from Randy Couture. He has knocked out people standing up or on the floor. He enters the ring with joy and a lot of confidence,he goes out the ring with the same joy and confidence with a loss or win.
Number Five
Chuck Liddell
Chuck “The Iceman” Liddell is tough and strong,incredible strength, huge knockout power, great wrestling ability, and a incredible fighting style. He was born on December 17, 1969 and in Santa Barbara, California, United States. He is 6 ft 2 in and weighs 205 lb . Liddell’s career began in 1998, when he went 12-1 toward his title shot against Randy Couture for the Light Heavyweight title, which Liddell lost. In his rematch with Couture, Liddell got his revenge by beating Couture for the championship. Liddell has gotten better since his title loss and is currently training for another fight.

Number Six
B.J. Penn
B.J. “The Prodigy” Penn is one of only two men in UFC history to win a title in two different weight classes. He was born on December 13, 1978 and in Kailua, Hawaii, U.S.A.He is 5ft 9in and weighs 169 lb.He is known for his incredible flexibility and his willingness to fight anyone at any of their weight class.B.J. Penn is a UFC fighter with a lot of skill and heart. Penn won his first title in the Welterweight class against champion Matt Hughes. Later on in his career Penn went down to the Lightweight class and won two straight fights to obtain the Lightweight Championship, which gave Penn a place in UFC history.
Number Seven
Matt Hughes
Matt Hughes is a UFC fighter who can make a good and interesting fight. He was born on October 13, 1973 and in Hillsboro, Illinois, U.S.A.He is 5 ft 9 in and weighs 170 lb.He is a submission specialist, a powerful striker and a fighter that uses his brain to fight very careful. After winning the Welterweight Championship in November 2001, Hughes successfully defended his title, five times before losing it to B.J. Penn in January of 2004. However, Hughes regained the title in October 2004, when he defeated St-Pierre. Hughes will go down as one of the best fighters to ever set off the UFC octagon, and is a shoe-in for the UFC Hall of Fame.

Number Eight
Ken Shamrock
Ken Shamrock was also one of the original fighters in the early years of the UFC, and winning the UFC Superfight title (an open weight class tournament).He was born on February 11, 1964 and in Macon, Georgia, U.S.A.He is 6 ft 0 in and weighs 216 lb.After weight classes were established in the UFC, Shamrock joined the Light Heavyweight ranks, where Shamrock had some ups and downs. The biggest moment of Shamrock’s Light Heavyweight career was when his title fight against the very cocky Tito Ortiz, in which Ken lost. On November 21, 2003, the UFC’s 10th anniversary, Ken Shamrock was sign on the UFC Hall of Fame by Royce Gracie.
Number Nine
Royce Gracie
Royce (pronounced "Hoyce") Gracie is the one person that makes the UFC automatically pop into your head at the complete mention of his name.He was born on December 12, 1966 and in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.He is 6 ft 1 in and 176 lb.He is a UFC Hall of Famer and he is the first ever winner of the UFC open class tournament in UFC 1.He is a master at Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (a submission specialist), Gracie proved to the world with his famous wins that size and strength does not mean victory. Gracie’s wins over his bigger opponents is what gave birth to fighter’s practicing more than one fighting style to achieve success. Gracie was one of the first UFC fighters to be signed into the UFC Hall of Fame.

Number Ten
Randy Couture
Randy “The Natural” Couture has speed, strength, stamina, endurance, and a chunks of fighting skills.He was born on June 22, 1963 and in Everett, Washington, United States.He is 6 ft 1 in and weighs 205 lb.Couture was the first ever UFC fighter to win a championship in two different weight classes, starting his career in the Heavyweight division and becoming the UFC Heavyweight Champion in December 1997. Couture would win and lose the Heavyweight title before switching to the Light Heavyweight class.On February 4, 2006, Couture retired and on January 11, 2007, Couture announced that he was coming out of retirement to join the Heavyweight class.Couture continued to amaze the UFC world by taking down champion Tim Sylvia and becoming a five-time UFC champ.Couture is one of only four UFC fighters to be inducted into the UFC Hall of Fame.He is the best UFC fighter in my favorite list of UFC fighters.