Oklahoma City Thunder | Teen Ink

Oklahoma City Thunder

By EvanPK BRONZE, Fairhope, Alabama
EvanPK BRONZE, Fairhope, Alabama

"Et Ducit Mundum Per Luce"

-Unknown

The young yet slowly rising team of the Oklahoma City Thunder has made their mark in this years 2012 NBA Playoffs. Only losing one of nine games in the playoffs, the Thunder team is very hopeful. Lead by small forward Kevin Durant and point guard Russell Westbrook, this Thunder team has upraised the city and state of Oklahoma. Since the state of Oklahoma has not had many leading sports team in their state, this team has given the state of Oklahoma something to look forward to.

Given that the Thunder has only lost eighteen of seventy-two games, they held their place in the 2012 Playoffs ranked number two in the western conference. Their starting forward, Kevin Durant, leads the league in scoring, averaging twenty-seven points a game while his “partner in crime” Russell Westbrook is one of the most recognized point guards in the National Basketball League. They had high hopes entering the playoffs and the young players were very energetic about it. In the first round of the western conference playoffs the Thunder had to face the defending champions of the NBA title, the Dallas Mavericks. With many nervous fans to start the series with, they did not have to worry because the Thunder came out strong sweeping the Mavericks at a best of seven series. The Thunders first series went down in the books at 4-0.

Now that the Thunder knocked out the Mavericks, they advanced to the semi-finals of their conference. They were to take on the Los Angels Lakers with their pervious MVP winner, Kobe Bryant. Kobe Bryant lead his Lakers team, along with Pau Gasol, through the first round of the playoffs defeating the Denver Nuggets in game seven knocking them out as well. With the home court advantage in the first two games of the semi-finals, the Thunder beat the Lakers in both games putting them up 2-0. Now the Thunder had to fly to Los Angels to play the Lakers in the Staples Center Arena. Even though it was a close game, the OKC lost but this loss only inspired them to improve. In game five the Thunder rallied the Lakers to a loss in Oklahoma advancing the Thunder to the western conference finals.

Advancing to the conference finals was a huge uplift to the state of Oklahoma. The town of Oklahoma City is ecstatic to see their basketball team make it one step closer to the 2012 NBA title. The only thing standing in their way from advancing to the country finals is the San Antonio Spurs. This power house of a team holds the best record in the NBA and is lead by Tim Duncan and Tony Parker. The Thunder will have a tough time trying to handle this very experienced team going into the conference finals, but will give it their all. Game one of the conference finals will begin on Sunday May, 27th. The Thunder fans will be expecting a great show from their team and will hope for the best.

So as one can see, this Oklahoma City team is here to go for the win and nothing less. If they have made it this far, they will not be looking to go home. The Spurs will be a tough challenge and if they can pass them, the country finals will be even tougher. This team has a whole city on their shoulders and hopes to give back by winning them a championship.

I was inspired to weite this paper by one of my favorite basketball teams. GO OKC!!

TheWaiter said...
This is the best basketball team ever!!!!!