End of Tiger Woods | Teen Ink

End of Tiger Woods

By kjy2007 BRONZE, McDonough, Georgia
kjy2007 BRONZE, McDonough, Georgia

Tiger Woods is a man who had it all and lost it.

At age 2, Tiger Woods picked up a golf club and by age 3, he was able to shoot 48 over par in nine holes. A prodigy was born! Throughout his childhood, Tiger Woods became famous by winning numerous junior tournaments and even playing a fun round with legends including Jack Nicklaus.

On August 1996, Tiger Woods finally entered the world of professional golf. Eventually, Tiger Woods became a world number 1 and dominated the world of golf. With 14 majors titles (Jack Nicklaus leads with 18), and 71 PGA tour wins, there was no active player that could challenge him.

Behind all these fame and fortune there was a dark, hidden secret. Everything started to go downhill for Woods when he had a car accident on November 27 near his home. Apparently Tiger Woods and his wife, Elin had a fight and he furiously ran out of his house. Few days later news about Tiger Woods having an affair stormed in the internet and over a dozen of women claimed that they had an affair with the superstar. On December 11, he admitted to infidelity, offering an apology, and announcing an indefinite hiatus from professional golf. After the scandal, Tiger Woods lost some of his major sponsors including Gatorade and At&T. On August 23, 2010 Woods and Elin officially divorced. Everything seemed to go downhill for the great Tiger Woods. Sadly, Tiger Woods’s misfortune did not end here. When Tiger Woods returned to professional golf on April 8, 2010 for the 2010 Masters, he seemed like a different person. Tiger Woods made mistakes that he would never have made in the past. Eventually, Tiger Woods lost the number 1 ranking to Lee Westwood and by April 26, 2012, Tiger Woods fell down to Rank 8. Tiger Woods is still trying to recover, but he is not getting any younger and obviously not getting any better.

Tiger Woods era has ended and now it is time for the world of golf to find a rising star.

What Tiger Woods had to go through