Baseball | Teen Ink

Baseball

By andrachilders BRONZE, Grove, Oklahoma
andrachilders BRONZE, Grove, Oklahoma

Baseball is America’s past time and can be traced all the way back to the eighteenth century. The earliest mention of baseball was in seventeen ninety-one. The first team to play a game of baseball was the New York Knickerbockers, founded on September twenty-third, eighteen forty-five.

Baseball has come a long way since the eighteenth century game of a ball and stick. In the early years of baseball, to get someone out, they threw the ball at the player. Now the ball is to be thrown to a player and in the glove, then the player must tag the person to get them out.

In America, the major league teams are divided into the National league and American league, each divided into three divisions; east, west, and central. Major league teams play against each other in hopes to go to the World Series, the championship series of all the teams.
Millions of people worldwide watch baseball. It has a huge impact on culture in America and its pastime. It’s been around a very long time and a lot of people have grown up playing or teaching their kids how to play, coaching, or just watching it. Baseball is not just a game to some people, it’s a lifestyle. They put their all into the game. Baseball players live for the fresh cut grass on the diamond, the white ball with red laces, and the fans that cheer them on to play the game they love.

Fans love watching them play while eating popcorn and cracker jacks. They support their players win or lose. Baseball has created a bond between people, whether it’s between a parent and son, wife and husband, or maybe just a fan and player whatever it is, it’s a strong bond that can’t be broken. Baseball is not just a game from the eighteenth century; it’s a way of life.