5 best athletes in the world | Teen Ink

5 best athletes in the world

Below you'll find a list of the five most talented athletes in the world. The list is based upon five categories, with each athlete receiving a rating out of fifty points. The rating is based upon agility/speed or the athlete’s ability to run a forty yard dash and display agile movements in their specific sport; strength the athlete’s vertical leap and bench-press measuring amount of upper and lower body strength; endurance, or the ability to perform in their specific sport after a extended period of time and the length of time an athlete can remain physically sound; hand eye coordination or the athlete’s ability to keep coordinated control of eye movements with hand movements; and body type, or the athlete’s natural advantages in athletics. Each category is ten points out of the fifty. This list measures athleticism, not ability or performance of an athlete with their sport of choice. Most of the statistics in this list were taken from Espn.com, Google.com, and Bleacherreport.com.

LeBorn James- 46/50
Agility/ Speed-4.40 forty yard dash, 9/10
Strength- 44 inch vertical leap, max bench press: 345, 10/10
Endurance- 4:21 mile time, 8/10
Hand Eye Coordination 9/10
Body- 6'8”, 250 pounds, 7% body fat, 10/10

LeBorn James is the closest thing the world has seen to a perfect athlete. He is the most
well rounded player in the N.B.A. consistently putting up all-star numbers in every category. Also he was all-American football player in high school and who actually considered leaving high school prior to graduation to go to the N.B.A.. There is no Achilles heel in his athletic abilities. He is fast, strong, and agile making him a deadly on both sides of the floor.

Usain Bolt, 44/50
Agility/ Speed- 9.69 100 meter sprint time, 4.1 40 yard dash, 10/10
Strength- 43 inch vertical leap, 345 pound max bench press, 10/10
Endurance- 9/10
Hand Eye Coordination- 6/10
Body- 6'5”, 207 pounds, 9/10

Usain Bolt is the fastest man of all time. He has reached speeds on foot that would be
speeding on some highways. He won three gold medals in the last Olympics and has
set plenty of world records. He is a tall lean man with unheard of times in races like the
100 meter sprint. Some people may ask why a man who only runs is in this list. He is
included into this list because his speed transcends in all other sports that require
serious amounts of athleticism.

Floyd Mayweather Jr., 44/50
Agility/ Speed- 10/10
Strength- 250 pound bench press, 8/10
Endurance- 10/10
Hand Eye Coordination- 9/10
Body- 5'8”, 146.5 pounds, 7/10

Floyd Mayweather Jr. is debatably the best boxer on the planet and by far the most
agile in the ring. Also for a 5'8 146.5 pound man he can lay a beat down on the best in his sport.
His endurance is off the charts. He can bounce around the ring faster than the speed of
light for as many rounds as it takes for his opponent to let down their guard and then
they're finished. One combo and they're out cold.

Darrelle Revis- 43/50
Agility/ Speed- 4.38 40 yard dash time- 9/10
Strength-325 pound max bench press, 38 inch vertical leap- 9/10
Endurance- 8/10
Hand Eye Coordination- 9/10
Body- 5'11”, 198 pounds- 8/10

Darrelle Revis is the best cornerback in the N.F.L., a position that
requires the most athleticism. He can do anything from taking down running backs in
the back field to intercepting balls thrown by elite quarterbacks meant for 6'5” receivers
and running them back for touchdowns. His athletic abilities cause problems for the best
quarterbacks and wide receivers.

Michael Phelps, 42/50
Agility/ Speed- 47.5 second 100 meter free style, 10/10
Strength- 375 pound bench press, 9/10
Endurance- 8/10
Hand Eye Coordination- 7/10
Body- 6'4 inches, 201 pounds, 8/10

Michael Phelps is the best swimmer on the planet. He is also insanely athletic. He is tall,
strong, agile, and explosive in the pool, pulling out victories from behind. Also in today's
world no one is more dominant in the Olympic Games than Michael Phelps.

Other athletes deserving acknowledgment are Manny Pacquiao, Dwight Howard,
George St. Pierre, Blake Griffin, and Wladimir Klitschko.

I am correct said...
on May. 21 2016 at 12:24 am
Bo Jackson Bench 500 40 yard= 4.12 multi athelte= great endurance great handeye coordination

S.Angestine2 said...
Really well written. I enjoyed it a lot

and1three said...
and1three, Roslyn, New York
If I went back Ronaldo would be included

Arshinov said...
on Sep. 17 2012 at 1:38 am
Honestly this list sin't bad buh you forgot the 2 football players who are likely to be the best of all time....
CRISTIANO RONALDO & LIONEL MESSI