Hunting Secrets | Teen Ink

Hunting Secrets

February 2, 2012
By Anonymous

I have liked hunting ever since I started a few years back. I like the nature and it gives me something to do in the fall and winter. Over the years I have been hunting, I have learned some secrets that will help you see deer, so you can shoot them. I will tell you five of the most helpful secrets of hunting so you can have the most success for the coming year.



1
Before you go out for a big hunt you have to make sure that you don’t have that human smell on you. To make sure you don’t have that scent you should take a garbage bag, fill it with the hunting clothes you are planning to wear then put spruce tree branches in the bag with the clothes and tie the bag shut tight for a few days. You see the spruce branches have a really strong scent that the deer are use to and it won't bother them if you smell like that.


2
When you are out hunting you need to cover up the smell of your breath, so what I do is eat an apple before going out to my stand. That way when the deer are going past you and you let out that last breath before shooting it will smell like apples, and again the deer are use to the smell and it won't spook them.


3
Another thing that you can do when you have two people hunting, is when you walk out to your hunting stand to sit for the night or for the day, you should have that person walk out with you, that way when you are up in the stand the deer will see the other person leave and will think that there are no people around and with a little bit of luck, will walk right out in front of you.

4
Another thing that will work for a lot of the time is taking a doe pee drag that you can buy at a hunting equipment store. When you are on the trail to your stand you can drag it across the ground. Then, when the buck walks onto the trail, they will follow the doe pee smell all the way to your stand where you will be waiting for them.

5
Last, but not least, when you are hunting you can take scent bomb cases that you can buy at the store that you can hang from the tree. You soak it in doe pee scent. The scent will travel and the buck will follow the scent in the air and go to your stand. This will especially work on windy days.

I just told you the five secrets of hunting that have worked for me and I hope you get a chance to try them. If you do I hope they work out well for you.


The author's comments:
i really like hunting, so i wrote a piece on it to help people out