Badgers to the Rosebowl | Teen Ink

Badgers to the Rosebowl

January 25, 2012
By heyabbby SILVER, Merton, Wisconsin
heyabbby SILVER, Merton, Wisconsin
9 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Wisconsin sports are not letting us down this year and the Wisconsin Badgers proved that when they won their game against Michigan State on January 1st, 2011 with a final score of 36-28. This win led them to the Rose Bowl. Even though Wisconsin lost to TCU in last year’s Rose Bowl, everyone is hoping they beat Oregon this year.



The game is scheduled for January 2nd, 2012 in Pasadena, CA. There is no better way for Wisconsin to kick off the New Year, than by winning the Rose Bowl. Especially for Arrowhead students who are able to watch former Arrowhead students, Derek Landisch and Drew Meyer lead us to victory.


The Rose Bowl is for the winning teams of the Big Ten conference championship games. The two winners this year were the Oregon Ducks and the Wisconsin Badgers. And who is leading the serious 3-1 over the Ducks? The Wisconsin Badgers.



The Oregon Ducks defeated the Badgers 31-28 in 2001, and so sports analysts are anticipating a game with nothing but revenge.


Throughout the season, the Ducks have scored 19 touchdowns and 114 points, whereas the Badgers—who are known to have the best offense in the big ten—scored 80 touchdowns and 7 field goals, for a total of 580 overall points.



The Badgers only lost two games in this season, each with very close scores.


The Badgers finished the season by winning five games in a row. Wisconsin has won two Big Ten championships for the third time in UW-Madison’s history.


The Wisconsin Badgers are in the Rose Bowl for the eighth time; the Badgers won three out of the eight times.


So, after you cheer on the New Year, be ready to cheer on for the Badgers. Get all your Badger and Wisconsin gear and tune in to the Rose Bowl game on January 2nd at 1:30 p.m.