Wisconsin Sports on a Roll | Teen Ink

Wisconsin Sports on a Roll

January 25, 2012
By leah.sandefur BRONZE, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
leah.sandefur BRONZE, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

This past year has been full of sports excitement, with the Badgers appearance in the Rose Bowl, the Packers winning Super Bowl 45, and the Brewers in the NLCS, nothing can stop Wisconsin sports.

Last year the Wisconsin Badgers appeared in the Rose Bowl for the first time since 2000. The Badgers had an exciting match up with TCU, but unfortunately didn’t end up the way they had hoped. The Badgers lost the game with the score TCU-21, Wisconsin-19. It was a very close game and the Badgers showed great potential for the next season.
This season the Badgers are undefeated this season and their next match up is Michigan State October 22. That game will be a challenge, but hopefully they will pull through.

Last year’s season was off to a rough start last year for the Packers. Many fans thought that it wouldn’t be possible to regain a spot into playoffs. The Packers proved them wrong. They fought as hard as they could and by the end of the regular season, they had a strong enough team to push all the way through playoffs and go to the Super Bowl. Not only did they appear in the Super Bowl, they won it. The Packers beat the Pittsburgh Steelers 31-25. They were the first seed number six to win a Super Bowl.

This season the Packers are also undefeated. They are the only team in the NFL to be unbeaten. Their offense and defense are very strong this year. Many fans are hoping for a repeat of last year.

The Milwaukee Brewers have had a long season of intense games. With 162 games in a season, the Brewers had the best record of wins at home field. Their record was 96 games won and 66 games lost. Towards the end of the regular season, the Brewers were fighting for their spot for Conference Champions in the Northern League. They then moved onto the playoffs series.
First they played the Arizona Diamondbacks and won the best of five with three wins. Then they moved on to the NLCS and they played the St. Louis Cardinals. Unfortunately the Brewers lost the best of seven series. This took their chances of playing in the World Series away.